THE EXPECTED END OF PASSION FOR THE VINEYARD. It is indeed nice considering this subject matter of passion
One of the key passages in our reading is “abide”. It occurs seven times. In order to produce fruit, we must “abide” in Christ; that is, to be joined to Him and to continue to stay close to Him. By doing this, we can expect to be fruitful, which is the mark of a true disciple.
Jesus is the vine, His Father is the gardener and believers are the branches, joined to Jesus by faith and drawing upon Him for their spiritual life, growth and fruitfulness. In Isaiah 5:1-7, God’s Old Testament people are described as the “choicest vine”.
“I am the Vine,” said the Lord Jesus, ” ye are the branches” (verse 5). Every true Christian is ” in Christ,” a branch in the vine, joined to the Lord, a partaker of His nature.
“I am the True Vine, and My Father is the Husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit, He taketh away…. If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered: and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
When There’s No Passion For Him, What Happened?
- You Are As Good As Nothing Existing Being: The first lesson we learn from this parable of the vine and the branches is that a branch is useless if it does not bear fruit. Matthew 5:13.
A branch that does not bear fruit is a useless branch; its existence is a wasted existence; it is only fit for the fire.
- Christian By Sight: How tremendously solemn this is. What a terrible existence without the senses of your maker,.
What tragic thing it must be to be a Christian who is not bearing fruit! What a tragedy is the life of the careless Christian the lukewarm Christian, the sinning Christian, the idle Christian, the worldly Christian, the prayerless Christian! How very seriously concerned we all should be as to whether we are branches that are bearing fruit, or whether we are fruitless, useless branches.
3. Living Without Purpose/ Ended Up A Life Out Of Purpose: words are certain to be read by many a fruitless Christian. Are you one of them? Do you know, as you read these words, that your Christian life has been a fruitless life? It is not necessary to explain to you what is meant by “fruitless”; you simply know that you are not fulfilling the purpose for which God saved you, just as a branch that is not bearing fruit is not fulfilling the purpose for which it is in the vine.
4. You Are Caused For Not Preaching The Good News: 1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
WHEN THERE’S PASSION FOR HIM, WHAT HAPPENED
- Your eternal home is certain Titus 1:2
Your existence becomes meaningful
You thirst for more of His love and presence Isaiah 26:9, Psalm 42:1-2
You realises you are a battle axe in his hand Jeremiah 51:20
You will be fruitful
Vine and branches can be said to be the spiritual oneness of Christ and his people. He portrays His relation to them as the source of all their Spiritual Life and usefulness.
The fruitful Christian life requires a life of habitual prayer and regular exposure to the Word of God – reading it, listening to it, meditating on it and being quick to submit to anything the Spirit of God may be saying to us.
By meeting these requirements we may be assured of a fruitful, fulfilling and joyful Christian life. May God help us in this coming year to bear fruit, more fruit and much fruit.
And to be able to receive a crown in the eternal heavenly home.